NT-proBNP (heart failure) assay for BISAF analyzer (whole blood/serum/plasma) – 25pcs kit.
This kit is used for in vitro quantitative determination of N-terminal prohormone brain natriuretic peptide (NT-pro BNP) concentration in human whole blood, serum and plasma. This product is used for testing in medical and health care facilities as an aid to diagnosis and prognosis determination in heart failure.
The product is designed for professional use.
- Quick result in as little as 15 minutes
- Amount of blood needed for sample: 30 μl
- Designed for use by professionals.
Contents of the NT-proBNP level test kit.
- Chip for auto-calibration of the device.
- Test instrument – test cassette (25 pcs, each cassette individually packaged in an aluminum pouch).
- Sample dilution solution – 25 pcs.
- Alcohol-soaked cotton swab – 25 pcs.
- Disposable pricker – 25 pcs.
- Disposable dropper – 25 pcs.
- Instructions for use.
Note: Do not mix items from sets of different series.
PURPOSE OF NT-proBNP TEST.
The NT-proBNP test is helpful in diagnosing and assessing the severity of congestive heart failure. The test is performed when there are symptoms indicative of heart failure, such as shortness of breath and rapid fatigue, and in people being treated for heart failure. Heart failure detection test: ischemic heart disease, left ventricular failure, acute coronary syndromes
Currently, heart failure is diagnosed based on symptoms such as leg swelling, shortness of breath and easy fatigue, and on imaging studies: chest X-rays and ultrasound studies called echocardiography. Heart failure is often confused with other conditions. NT-proBNP testing can help distinguish heart failure from other diseases, such as lung disease. Proper diagnosis is important because treatment of heart failure is different from treatment of lung disease and should be started as soon as possible.